Questions & Answers
How to create a sub-account?
This article explains who sub-accounts are for and how an admin can create one.
What is a sub-account?
With a sub-account, users can have full usage of the FlexIncentives platform. Users can buy and send gift cards for any brand in our catalog, to any number of recipients. If permitted, users can also create their own sub-accounts and transfer funds from their account to those sub-accounts.
You can only create a sub account if it is associated with an admin account. This is to ensure account admins have as much visibility of sub-account activity as possible.
There are no limits to the number of sub-accounts that can be associated with an admin account. You can set separate permissions for each sub-account.
How are sub-accounts funded?
Sub-accounts can be funded by an account admin. If the sub-account owner has permission to use the company card, then they also have the ability to top up their own account balance.
How do I create a sub-account?
- 1. Click on your profile to open your FlexIncentives Account Settings, then click on the tab labelled Users.
- 2. Click the Create New User button and enter the user’s full name into the New User box located underneath the Create New User button.
- 3. The next step is to enter the user’s role. A role can be the user’s position within the company, or the role within FlexIncentives.
- 4. Afterwards, add the user’s company email address. Important note - the email address must belong to the same domain that was used to register the Company Account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 5. Next, select the Parent the user’s account will belong to. A Parent is responsible for allocating funds to the user’s account and can see the reports and analytics for the user’s account (a Parent can be changed at any time).
- 6. Lastly, check the permissions box if you would like to grant permission for the user to be able to create and manage their own sub-accounts.
1. Click on your profile to open your FlexIncentives Account settings, then click on the tab labelled Users.
2. By clicking on a user’s name, you can view the following account information:
- a. User’s full name
- b. Position
- c. Email address
- d. Last login date
- e. Account balance
- f. Name of the Administrator the account is located under
- g. Account Permissions
Transfer funds to a user’s account
An admin can transfer funds to another user's account. It is important to note that once the funds have been transferred to the user’s account, they can only be pulled back when the user’s account gets deleted.
To transfer funds, please complete the following steps:
1. Click on the name of the user you would like to transfer funds to.
2. Under user details you will be able to see the current balance of that user’s account, along with the funds you have available for transfer.
3. Enter the total sum you would like to transfer to the user’s account into the $ field and tap on move funds to complete the transfer. You will now be able to see the updated balance on the user’s account and the company’s FlexIncentives account.
Today, each team member has the same permissions. We are working on providing the ability to set permissions for each user.
Delete a user’s account
Within this section you also have the option to delete the selected user’s account by clicking on the trash icon at the bottom of the user details
section and confirming account deletion.
Funds that were connected with the user's account will automatically be distributed to the account administrator.
Sending gift cards from your company’s email address
The default email for sending a gift card through the FlexIncentives platform is email@example.com
. Sometimes, due to filters set up on company’s email servers, gift cards can end up in a SPAM folder. We recommend to all of our clients that they update the Mail Settings
in their FlexIncentives account to start sending gift cards directly from their company’s email address.
In order to do this, we recommend that you speak with your IT team to collect the following information:
- - Mail Server
- - Port
- - Username
- - Password
How to change your Mail Settings
- 1. Click on your profile to open your FlexIncentives Account settings, then click on the tab labelled Mail Settings.
- 2. Enter the information obtained from your IT Department into the fields below:
- a. Mail Server
- b. Port
- c. Username
- d. Password
- e. Send from email address (your email address)
- 3. Once this is done, tap the save changes button.
- 4. The final step is to confirm that the mail server settings are correct. Click the Send test mail button to send a test email to the specified email address. Click on the link within the test email to confirm.
Invoices are sent to you via email when you add credits successfully to your FlexIncentives account. You can also download invoices and send them to other team members or departments.
Register your Accounts Team to automatically receive Invoices
- 1. Under your Profile, click the Invoices tab to view and download an invoice.
- 2. Enter the email address of the accounting team into the email field labelled: Send Attached PDF Copy Of New Invoices To.
- 3. Your updates will be saved automatically.
Update your company’s information
To make changes to your company’s information, visit the Company
tab located under your Profile
. If you need to change your company name or web address, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will gladly update this for you.
Where do I enter my TAX ID Number?
Under your Profile, visit the Company section where you can enter your Tax ID. Click on Save Changes to apply the alteration.
Adjust your Subscription
1. Click on Adjust Plan in the header menu or in the Company tab under your Profile.
2. Choose the plan you want to change to by selecting the checkbox located on the right.
3. If upgrading, enter your company Credit Card details and click Pay. Once you have successfully upgraded your account, your new subscription will begin immediately so you can take advantage of the upgrades and savings.
Log into your FlexIncentives account to adjust your current Subscription. Then follow the steps below:
Once you have successfully upgraded your account, your new subscription will begin immediatly so you can take advantage of the upgrades and savings.
I haven’t renewed my FlexIncentives subscription. What happens with the balance on my account?
If you do not renew your monthly subscription, your package will automatically downgrade to our freemium Starter package. You can continue to use the remaining balance on your account to send gift cards on a pay-as-you-go basis.
If you intend to send a lot of gift cards, we recommend upgrading your package to take advantage of the lower fees per gift card.
Cancel FlexIncentives Subscription
Your Master Admin can cancel a FlexIncentives subscription at any time. Under Profile, click on the Company tab. From here, the Master Admin can find information about active subscriptions and options to cancel the subscription.
If a subscription is cancelled, the account will remain active until the end of the subscription interval. When the interval ends, the Master Admin will receive an email notifying them that the subscription has now expired. The account will then automatically roll to the Starter Subscription package - no subscription required.
Cancelling a subscription will not influence the balance on your FlexIncentives account. You can login to your account even after the subscription has expired and send gifts using the balance on your account. Starter Package terms apply in this case.
Deactivate your FlexIncentives Account
To deactivate and close your account, please contact us at email@example.com